Oh writer’s block, the arch nemesis of bloggers everywhere. Excitedly we turn on our computers, open our word documents, and then BAM! Nothing. Our minds go blank. We write and rewrite sentence upon sentence, building up an intense frustration as our fingers make close friendships with the backspace key. Each writing attempt becomes more pathetic than the last, and we eventually turn off our computers in disappointment and defeat.
But we can fight this! Below I have put together a list of 50 writing prompts – ammunition with which we can protect ourselves from the dark side. Feel free to use these ideas as your own, and if you think of any others please help your fellow bloggers out by leaving them in the comment box.
Together - as one unit - we form a shield. A shield strong enough, powerful enough, and with enough writing talent (that’s right, this shield can write), to survive any obstacle. We will join together and work as one to not only defend against, but also ABOLISH, the evil force that is writer’s block.
So let's get started!
So let's get started!
1. 10 reasons why my pet is better than yours
2. 5 people I would like to be friends with
3. You know you’re a band nerd if…
4. 17 things to do when you’re feeling blue
5. Eggs: Are they all they’re cracked up to be?
6. 10 things I hate about the human race
7. My favourite stuffed toy is…
8. 6 Reasons why rabbits make amazing pets
9. My top 5 favourite places in my city are…
10. Everyone is beautiful: A discussion on the pressure to be “perfect”
11. 4 stories we know and love – before the Disney alterations
12. 9 things to do when you’re dying after an intense workout
13. 10 things I wish I could’ve told myself 5 years ago
14. 15 jokes for nerds
15. 4 guilty pleasures I couldn’t live without
16. My top 3 most embarrassing moments
17. 15 things to do when suffering from writer’s block
18. Someone who inspires me is…
19. The 10 commandments of weight loss
20. 6 things not to do when visiting your grandma
21. How to write a blog article
22. 8 reasons why you shouldn’t piss me off
23. Everything you could ever want to know about elephants
24. 13 of the all-time most entertaining German words
25. 5 reasons why the morning is the best time of the day
26. You know you’re Canadian if…
27. 10 places I want to see before I die
28. 12 things I learned over the last year
29. 5 books on my shelf that I will never get rid off
30. How to survive an encounter with me
31. An inspirational quote that has really impacted me is…
32. 20 names perfectly suited for a guinea pig
33. I am obsessed with: Josh Groban!
34. 10 ways I motivate myself when I’m feeling down
35. Oldies vs. Rap: A biased review
36. Duct tape: the ultimate necessity
37. 12 things that annoy me more than they probably should
38. 8 things I would do today if I knew I would die tomorrow
39. Let’s talk about: Charles Dickens!
40. 10 things my pet would probably say to me if he could talk
41. An open letter to someone I wish I could talk to
42. A mental illness that I would like to know more about is…
43. 18 embarrassingly pathetic first world problems
44. How to cure the hiccups, and 9 other helpful life solutions
45. Does an apple a day really keep the doctor away?
46. Yolo!...Why does this phrase make me want to hurt small animals?
47. 12 things to do at Wal-Mart
48. Something going on in the world that I feel strongly about is…
49. 10 reasons why I’m looking forward to Christmas50. 10 ways to pass the time using only a roll of toilet paper, a dishcloth….and kitty stickers