Here's a quick look at the most important things I learned last year. With all this knowledge, there's no way I can make any mistakes in 2014!
1. Ed Sheeran hoodies are EXTREMELY difficult to acquire in Canada - which is particularly frustrating, especially if you don't even like Ed Sheeran.
2. If you're going to do a food challenge in America, you are going to have a stomachache afterwards - there's no avoiding this.
3. Guinea pigs eat like, well, pigs. And pet treats are expensive.
4. When you lose 100lbs you will also lose all of your natural insulation with it - and Canadian winters are cold!
5. Relationships are tough and a lot of people get hurt - but the love of a hamster is forever.
6. Don't ever sing in the bathroom when you have repair people at your house, especially if you can't sing and only know a third of the lyrics. It just creates an awkward situation for everyone.
7. Getting your nose pierced doesn't actually hurt. (Until you switch out the stud and get a fricking little white bump on your nose. Then it stings like a mother.......)!
8. Thirty-five year old men hitting on you when you're twenty years old is not cute or flattering. It's actually solidly creepy.
9. Coffee is hot, and when you spill an entire pot of it all over yourself it hurts.
10. It takes a VERY long time to shampoo the smell of sweat, shame and pancakes out of your hair. Also, never take a dish washing job at IHOP.
But in all seriousness,
11. People will hurt you and lie to you, and you don't need to take crap from anyone. But sometimes you'll find someone who's worth the pain.
12. You can walk away from God, but He'll never walk away from you. And when you're ready to come back to Him, He'll welcome you with open arms.
13. Take a second to breathe - be in the moment. Life is so precious, and you don't want to miss a second of it.